Friday 1 June 2012

SUMMER TREND! Wardrobe essentials :) This post are for those of you out there who want to fix up your wardrobe a bit this summer. Hope this post is helpful to you girlos :)

The main things to consider this season are colour, prints and accesories.
To pull off any summer look it is important to always focus on the colours and prints that are ideal for the summer. When you think about summer, you think: 'vivid, floral, pastels and soft neutrals.' 
This season keep an eye out for soft pastels, reds, mint greens, floral prints, lace and neons. Soft pastels include pink, blue, lilac, spearmint and yellow.
Here's a colour chart to give you a fair idea of what i'm talking about.


(google images)



Also, dresses and skirts will remain must haves as various prints, stripes, animal prints etc grab our attention. In relation to neons, they will be seen especially in handbags and shoes such as bright blues, hot pinks, yellows, greens and oranges. 


When dealing with neons and pastels, colour blocking is an A+. It gives the outfit more life and in a way, it brings out the creativity in you when it comes to style and mix and matching. When it comes to colour blocking, pinks and blues go well together as well as, soft greens and coral/baby pinks. If you wanted to go a bit more vibrant with the blocking, then try a neon colour and a pastel. For example, a neon orange with a splash of Cerulean Blue or Ultramarine! (I've seen it before and it looks SMASHING!)


As for me, I put everything together and carefully examine it. The last thing i want to be looking like is a clown! I'm absolutely LOVING the blues this season and I plan to wear more and more.. I've been colour blocking for a long time and to be honest, i hate the whole 'matching' thing! For example, if I was to wear a black and white outfit, the WHOLE thing would not be black and white, I'd add a splash of red to it as well! I'm sure many of you know that Red, white and black go hand in hand. I remember when my mum used to ALWAYS nag about my colour combos, she finally got used to it! 


But anyhoo, moving on to prints. Most of you have probably noticed that floral is very common this season. To be honest, i don't wear much floral. While trying to get the summer look etc, I also try to be unique in my dressing and try to shift away from all the common things. Like I don't wanna be seen at a beach party or wherever, wearing a maxi or floral dress like everyone else OR the same maxi or floral dress that another chick is wearing! Don't get me wrong, florals are heavenly and are perfect for the season but it's important not to OVERDO it. 


When it comes to dresses, the tunics are very well suited for the season. When shopping for garments like this, keep an eye out for creamy neutrals. They provide a classical feminine look while also being very comfortable :)
perfect for that summer lunch date or a night out with a few friends!


One thing I must get a hold of this summer are more high waisted flare pants! They seem to be HUGE this season. I have about one or two in my wardrobe which I would only wear occasionally. When rocking these pants, I'd advice wearing them with a great chunky pair of wedges and adding a flashy thin belt. I remember wearing my caramel brown flare pants and adding a neon orange belt to it. It looked amazing!


Now for all my african beauties! I'm sure most of you know that afrocentricity is major this season! I admire the exotic and tribal look that has popped back into this generation. It takes me back to my roots and shows how people have learnt to appreciate the african culture. Recently I have seen ankara prints sewn onto a common pair of denim shorts and even on a belt handbag! the combo is amazing! I'm definetly investing in a couple of ankaras soonish! Representing Nigeria all day, everyday :D For those of you who don't know  what the prints are or how they look like, here's a few pics that I've robbed from my Tumblr (these photos were not taken by me) BTW, this is not just for the black race. ANYONE can rock these prints :) :










      



GORGEOUS, AY? 
BTW, talking about ankara prints, I managed to come across a very inspiring and ambitious young lady who is currently known as fashion's finest in the UK. The London-based designer, Bukki Ojo has succeeded in incorporating african prints in her vintage denim collections. She aims to intertwine cultures which is a great idea! To check out her wonderful designs, find her on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Bukki/206390729449573
She is constantly selling out on Asos marketplace so grab some clothing before it's too late:
https://marketplace.asos.com/boutique/bukki/collection

AND I think that's a wrap guys! Thank you so much for taking your time to read this. If you have any questions about anything or if you feel that I should talk about something else, WHATEVER IT IS.. please do not hesitate to holla at me! My facebook etc is available in my 'About Me.'
Please comment below also :)

Shout out to all my people supporting me. Y'all are greaat!

Remember, Fashion is fleeting but style is eternal!

4 comments: